Topic: SXSW 2007 Godbit Get-Together Dinner

Hi Folks!

SXSW 2007 is rapidly approaching! We'd like to have another Godbit get-together like we did last year. It was so much fun to meet everyone, and I've enjoyed knowing some of the Godbit folks in person. I'm totally psyched to see you guys again, and I hope there will  be some new faces as well. Last year we had a lot of fun at the County Line BBQ restaurant, complete with a genuine talking moose head. This year we'll probably find a place that's slightly more sane, and a lot closer to the convention center. Walking distance would be great if we can swing it. (If you have any ideas, please let me know.)

Here's some photos from last year's dinner....
http://flickr.com/photos/ryenski/sets/7 … 083432374/
http://flickr.com/photos/nathansmith/11 … 166905732/

The date, time, and place are still to be decided - please let me know if you have any time constraints, and we'll work with your schedule if possible. I'll post more when we have reservations. Right now we need to get a head count, so chime in if you plan to come.

So, please let us know if you can come to the Godbit Get-Together Dinner!

Ryan Heneise  |  Art of Mission  |  Now with extra-strong Donor Tools mojo

Re: SXSW 2007 Godbit Get-Together Dinner

I'll be there! woot woot. Impromptu Textpattern and CSS jam session afterwards (although, if it's tentatively planned, is it still impromptu?).

Give me liturgy or give me death.

I'll send you a framed photo of me and you can set it on the table in front of my chair so I can be with you "in spirit", k? Seriously though,  I have never been so bummed about missing something. Not quite so much SXSW but missing out on meeting so many of the awesome people I've come to love and respect so much over this past year. Dang, if only someone could work out the whole teleporting thing in time for me to go.

"I, Hiro Nakamura." (re: teleporting)

I always knew Nathan was a superhero. He just doesn't want to admit it. It's that whole secret identity thing. wink

Exercise your faith!

I'll be there and I'm sure Tank will be coming with me.  The photos from last year look like fun, so I'm excited about this year's meet-up.  We might have some suggestions for places to eat as we're pretty familiar with Austin, however being from TX you can never go wrong with BBQ...especially with a talking moose head.

Yeah dude hook me up with some suggestions.

I'm still trying to work out the details of getting to Austin for the conference, but if I do, I'd definitely like to get together with you guys.  Hope to see you in March.

I plan on being there for the interactive days only.

"I was blind, but now I see!"  John 9:25

Yep, I'll be there.

I dream with an XML intereface

I'm coming and I'm bringing my hubby.  We'll be there for the Interactive days.

Sarah

Negative, I won't be attending. We'll be moving into our new house that week (our first, yayayaya!!!) and we are having a small birthday party for our daughter on that weekend that SXSW takes place.

Take pictures!

I've never been to one. So tell me... other than the fun of meeting people you've only known online, is it worth the $? And why?

Honest question.

js.

Jana    -- daily beggar; daughter beloved

Jana: To answer your question - The most fun part is meeting people, but the panels are pretty good too. You sort of get a high-level overview of web-related instruction, and occasionally get to hear about some new technology or implementation.

I also wanted to mention that if anyone is in the Austin area and wants to come hang out w/ all the Godbitters, but doesn't want to attend SXSW, that's cool too. I'd hate for anyone to feel excluded just because they're not attending the conference.

I think it's absolutely worth the cost.  The number and quality of speakers is amazing.
Also, if cost is a factor, we can talk outside the forums about cost-saving/sharing ideas.

Likewise, come hang out -- lunch/dinner/evenings, whatever.  The planning on that kind of thing will gel together as we get closer to the event.

90% that I'm there!! Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Matt: Likewise. I'm looking forward to much WP vs. TXP discussion. Maybe we can make a believer outta you.

Just registed online for an Interactive badge.  I'm in.  Looking forward to meeting some of you in Austin.

There's a good chance I'll be there as well. I'll let you guys know!

Rock on.

100% for sure I'm coming with my AOL boys now smile

Hmm... WP vs. TXP.  Will be a hot debate for sure wink

Any thoughts on when to do the dinner yet?

Solid Matt! 

No word yet on when and where.  I believe I volunteered Tank and I to brainstorm on some places, so we'll try to offer up some suggestions.

Fantastic.

Next question: Is anyone interested in bowling on Saturday night?

"Team Godbit"?

Bowling would be amazing.

Hi All!

We've got a great close-by location lined up for dinner: TGI Friday's on Cesar Chavez. It's just a hop, skip, and a jump from the Convention Center. It might not be the most exotic location in Austin, but it is affordable, and it is very close!

Time: 7:00
Date: Monday, March 12
Where: TGI Friday's

Who:
* Ryan Heneise
* Nathan Smith
* KOB
* Tank
* Slurve
* Mike Montgomery
* Sarah
* Sarah's Hubby
* Matt Heerema
* Rob Soule

Anybody else? Please let us know so we can reserve extra space for you!

See you there!

Sounds great.

Last edited by kob (2007-02-14 14:41:21)