Topic: Learning Cold Fusion

What is the fastest way to learn cf?
Anyone know any good resource for hosting and how to do wireframes?

Thank you in advance.

Proverbs 12:14 - Wise words bring many benefits, and hard work brings rewards.

Re: Learning Cold Fusion

You'll probably want to start with this book.  It's probably the best guide you'll find, and it's pretty darn comprehensive.  It's how I started.

As for hosts, I use OurInternet.us, but I've also heard good things about CrystalTech.  Both provide their services for reasonable rates.

I'm not sure what you mean by wireframes though.  Could you clarify?

From what I understand, wireframes are the functional layout of websites. The background of the site, without the images and the eye-popping flash. Purpose is for user to understand how the site will function.

Also I think is is software that one would download. Uncertain though.

Proverbs 12:14 - Wise words bring many benefits, and hard work brings rewards.

I found one explanation here

Hmmm...I've never explicitly wireframed before.  I guess I already know where I'm going before I start coding, I just don't write it out but keep it in my head.

BTW, what setup are you planning on working with?  Are you going to be developing on your local computer?  Do you have software for easier coding?

GuruGreg has made a good book recommendation. Forta's books are excellent, far above other CF references I have read. He is, by far, my favorite. ColdFusion Developer's Journal is a pretty good supplement too. At times, it can be deep water for a beginner (or even a seasoned user) but there are usually one or two good beginner's articles. Browse the web site too.